Yogarona


...or Yoga in time of Corona.
I know, I'm resourceful like that.


Now, let's get straight to business...

I feel that everyone should find what works best for them in terms of coping with stress and relaxation techniques. Speaking for myself doing yoga relaxes my body as well as my mind, even though I am not a hardcore yogi. I can declare myself more of a recreational yoga practitioner. 

I practice some basic yoga poses with breathing, usually 3 times a week, or when needed, for example during stressful periods or after a longer hiatus from my regular group fitness classes. Because, when I haven't been exercising for a longer time, I'm beginning to notice that with age, now I'm 43, I get out of shape easily, so yoga is my go-to beginner practice during this time.

Therefore, for everyone out there, battling stress in time of Corona, which can be anywhere on the level from aggravating to crippling, I want to offer my yoga routine in hope to bring you as much as possible relaxation and harmony.


At first, you should try and hold these poses for at least 30 seconds and then with time as you practice them more and more, try to gradually increase the hold time and build endurance. The rule of thumb is to hold in a particular pose and breathe (inhale/exhale) evenly. If you feel that your  breathing is uneven it means the pose is too strenuous for you, or you exceeded your time to comfortably stay in that pose.

There is no rush with yoga and you must listen to your body. Just imagine that with each breath you inhale healing and exhale negative energy. After you finish the routine and with each subsequent session you will feel much more relaxed and the calmness of your mind will last longer.

Since the poses are pretty basic you can try them alone, or in company with other members of your family, even with your children. Enjoy.

Comments